the time-traveling loveseat is a project I started when I realized my loveseat travels time. not into the past, only into the near future where early afternoons become late nights in the blink of an eye. this blog was started to use that time travel in a more productive way, with an emphasis on learning and practicing new, everyday design.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

starting everywhere

I've been meaning to write this blog for a while now, so here it is. My main purpose of starting this blog was to be more productive on my computer while I'm at home, and to practice design in this productivity. Since school started this past Tuesday, I've come to the realization that I am packing this semester full of new software knowledge. While I have familiarity with the Adobe Suites and some architectural programs, I will hopefully be fluent in many programs by the end of the semester, taking courses on 3DS Max, Revit, Rhino, Sketchup, Web Programming, and in my free time (ha!): this blog.


There's this great little website where I've found dozens of tutorials and I've mostly started with the Photoshop ones. Wondering where to start for this blog, I began with my profound appreciation for great watercolor (a bit sad that the Watercolor course last semester didn't fit in my schedule), and was considering incorporating it into the design of my portfolio. Since I left my watercolors at my parents, I looked for digital ways to portray watercolor. Inspired by the work of Stina Persson, I decided to try my hand at it (with help from a tutorial :)) Here's my first run at it: 


As I continue with these blogs, I keep a few (and all) of Bruce Mau's Incomplete Manifesto for Growth tips in mind:


9. Begin Anywhere
35. Imitate. Don’t be shy about it. Try to get as close as you can. You'll never get all the way, and the separation might be truly remarkable.

Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers