the time-traveling loveseat is a project I started when I realized my loveseat travels time. not into the past, only into the near future where early afternoons become late nights in the blink of an eye. this blog was started to use that time travel in a more productive way, with an emphasis on learning and practicing new, everyday design.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Nighttime Digital Work

I know I said earlier that I was going to be spending most of my summer doing hand-drawn, -sewn, -painted, -shot things. But I did manage to sprinkle this little gem in today as well. In July, I will be headed to South Dakota for 2 weeks to participate in RAW Dakota 2011. RAW, standing for Real Architecture Workshop, is a program based in Minneapolis that finds clients and projects that are quick and very hands on for its participants. They allow anyone to apply, and architecture students are generally the ones interested. They travel to the destination, and for 2 weeks do a complete design-build with the client, the outcome being a lookout tower in a very picturesque landscape. I'm thrilled to be given this opportunity, and I look forward to the real experience it's going to give me. For this design, I followed a tutorial on a little badge for the workshop this summer. It's fun to do some digital work again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers