the time-traveling loveseat is a project I started when I realized my loveseat travels time. not into the past, only into the near future where early afternoons become late nights in the blink of an eye. this blog was started to use that time travel in a more productive way, with an emphasis on learning and practicing new, everyday design.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Beginning Knitting

Several Christmases ago I asked for knitting stuff. Probably because I love learning and making new things and knitting sounded like fun. Well, I never learned. Never taught myself. Got lazy. Pick an excuse. Either way, I have all these yarns sitting around and haven't done anything with them! Then I found out about this killer place called Sewtropolis, that offers classes on sewing, knitting, crafting, and crocheting. This is my kinda place. I signed up for a Beginning Knitting class (sacrificing a Friday night), and BAM. Learned to knit.

Our project covered the very basics, but now I have the motivation to continue with it. We worked with an awesome super bulky yarn, and made a Cowl/Neckwarmer.


My yarn ran out before the cowl got long enough, but no worries, I've already hit up Joann's for more yarn. I found some awesome purpley-gray yarn from Martha Stewart's collection, and I am so so excited to make a scarf and hat for this winter season. I hope this class will push me to learn new techniques so I can start getting more "wild" with knitting. Woo!


Hopefully I can start pumping these out fast enough to get some Christmas presents under my belt! We will see..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers