the time-traveling loveseat is a project I started when I realized my loveseat travels time. not into the past, only into the near future where early afternoons become late nights in the blink of an eye. this blog was started to use that time travel in a more productive way, with an emphasis on learning and practicing new, everyday design.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Building a Design Portfolio

Ahh, it's nice to get back to digital design work. In attempts to build a design portfolio, I've jumped on a new idea, to rebrand the Twin Cities. I live to believe that everyone deserves good design, whether they can afford it or not. This idea was sparked by Nicole Meyer, who's doing a "Branding 10,000 Lakes" project, where each day she designs one logo per Minnesota lake. Neat, right?

I'm doing something similar, but for the small businesses in the Cities. My first is the City Coin laundromats scattered around Minneapolis. I wish I understood why I am so drawn to it (I shot the lackluster building for a photography class), but there's just something about them! So they are my guinea pig of this idea. I don't think I'll be able to do one each day, but one a week would be ideal. It builds on my knowledge of the Adobe Suites, and is a fun challenge.






We'll see where this project takes me (my ambitions are out of control). If you have a love for a local place that could use a little design work, I could use suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers