the time-traveling loveseat is a project I started when I realized my loveseat travels time. not into the past, only into the near future where early afternoons become late nights in the blink of an eye. this blog was started to use that time travel in a more productive way, with an emphasis on learning and practicing new, everyday design.

Friday, February 4, 2011

dftba (don't forget to be awesome)

Several years ago I discovered two awesome & neurotic brothers, named Hank & John Green, who send public videos of information/hilarity to each other over YouTube. You can find their YouTube stream here. Anyway, in short they started Nerdfighters, who fight to increase world awesome and decrease world suck (pretty self-explanatory). Additionally, they have branded the awesome initialism DFTBA or Don't Forget To Be Awesome. I was recently reminded of their awesomeness by my sister who frequently reads John Green's fiction (he's an author, and a fabulous one at that). Anyway, I started thinking about this powerful initialism and decided to make a background for my own amusement. Here's one of them that I made. I now have it as my background as a daily reminder to be awesome. Enjoy :)



I also included one of Hank's videos on Google Auto-complete. Very funny!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers